Family Health Network of CNY Inc.
FHN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Typical Working Conditions: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 100 lbs.
Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited school of Practical Nursing. Valid New York State license to practice practical nursing. CPR Certification course C, New York State Infection Control course.
Primary Function: Provides professional nursing care under supervision for clinic patients.
General Summary of Duties:
- Perform general nursing care to patients including venipuncture under a providers order.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with the Policies and Procedures of Family Health Network of CNY Inc.
- Assist with the preparation of equipment and aid providers during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Observe, record, and report patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to provider.
- Ensure preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
- Greet patients and prepare them for provider examination. Screen patients for appropriate information and complete appropriate forms within the EHR. Instruct patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Arrange for the patient testing and referrals.
- Respond to and refer incoming telephone calls. Collects all information needed for provider direction. Instruct patients and family regarding medication and treatment instructions per provider instruction.
- Huddle preparation with care coordinators and provider.
- Responsible for preparation of exam rooms including restocking and checking outdates.
- Perform requires in-house tests for lab according to CLIA as per Family Health Network protocol.
- Ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness of all equipment and reports faulty equipment to supervisor.
- Working with care coordinators, assists in patient self-management activities for patients with chronic conditions.
- Sample medications – Check for outdates monthly and maintains sample log book accurately.
- Maintains and works tracking reports on a weekly basis.
- Know patient education resources and can provide teaching to patients per provider direction.
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested. Participate in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliation.
- LPN may be asked to participate in quality improvement activities which include but are not limited to performing PDSA, administering Patient Satisfactions Surveys and following up on high risk patients based on population reports for patients with poor clinical outcomes or with lapses in care.
- This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures pertaining to all operational aspects, furthermore this position is required to report any suspected instances of noncompliance.
- LPN is part of the patient care team. The care team is comprised of the patient, care coordinator, nurse, and provider. As part of the patient care team, LPN will engage patients in their own health care. This will include supporting patients and their families in self-management and positive behavior change. This will require good communication which is both open and supportive.
- Site rotation for work assignments as necessary.
- This position will function as a contributing member of the emergency preparedness team under the incident command system.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com