Family Health Network of CNY Inc.
FHN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Typical Working Conditions: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Qualifications: Graduation of an accredited School of Nursing. One year of professional nursing experience in a clinic setting preferred. Possession of a New York State Registered Nurse License required. CPR certification course C. New York State Infection Control course.
Primary Function: Provide professional nursing care for Health Center patients following established standards and practices set up by the profession and Family Health Network Policies and Procedures.
General Summary of Duties:
- Perform general nursing care to patients. Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with the nursing standards and Policies and Procedures of Family Health Network.
- Prepare equipment and aid providers during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Observe, record, and report patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to provider. Dispense medication as directed.
- Oversee same day appointments to ensure preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintain timely flow of patients.
- Greet patients and prepare them for provider examination. Screen patients for appropriate information. Issue patient in collection of samples and tests.
- Arrange for patient testing and admissions.
- Respond to and refer incoming telephone calls. Instruct patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Maintain exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensure cleanliness. Prepare list of medical supplies needed.
- Perform required in-house tests for lab according to CLIA and Family Health Network’s Lab Policies and Procedures.
- Insure proper maintenance and cleanliness of all equipment.
- Check sample closet at least monthly for outdating and dispose of medications in accordance with Family Health Network Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain tickler file and update for specific testing and appointments.
- Educate patients and maintain resources to ensure patient teaching instruction sheets are approved and up to date.
- Maintain logs for infectious diseases, referrals, PAP’s, dog bites, etc.
- Gather information for State and Federal reports and ensure that clinic documentation is up to date.
- Report faulty equipment to manufacture or to supervisor and fill out equipment action log for repair action.
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- RN may be asked to participate in quality improvement activities which include but are not limited to performing PDSA, administering Patient Satisfactions Surveys and following up on high risk patients based on population reports for patients with poor clinical outcomes or with lapses in care.
- RN is part of the patient care team. The care team is comprised of the patient, care coordinator, nurse, and provider. As part of the patient care team, the RN will engage patients in their own health care. This will include supporting patients and their families in self management and positive behavior change. This will require good communication which is both open and supportive.
- This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures pertaining to all operational aspects, furthermore this position is required to report any suspected instances of noncompliance.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com